Welcome to the Greater than the Sum community!
We're all about visualizing the currently invisible dynamics in systems that can enable transformation. We're about collectively making a real and lasting difference. We prioritize equity and regenerating our natural systems. And in service to those higher purposes, we're here help one another learn Social System Mapping, from:
- Sharing the vision and catalyzing a project, to
- Using sumApp, Kumu, and other data visualization tools to create Social System Maps, to
- Helping networks learn this new visual language for sense-making and gaining new insights into the human systems they're trying to change.
This is a collective, emergent field and we need to surface and cross-pollinate everyone's best thinking.
We hope you will participate energetically in the community - both giving and getting, supporting and challenging.
You can start by introducing yourself :-)
(suggestions for what to share)
- The network(s) you plan to map.
- The focus of your work
- Your role in your network(s).
- Which 'Hat(s)' you see yourself wearing in the Social System Mapping process.
- What you need to get here.
- What you can offer the community.
- What you're excited about
- What motivates you to do the work you do
Be brief and to the point, or be verbose - whichever you prefer, we'd love to know you're here!
Christine, Tim, the Master Mappers - Jim, Sarah, Drew, Lisa, Maya, Griff - and the rest of the Greater than the Sum community.