Custom Survey Filter | Tier IV
Sometimes the segment filter on the connections page just isn't enough. Your population is huge and you need another variable to help members filter the whole list down to a manageable number.
In that case - in a Tier IV account - you can use the Custom Survey Filter feature. If you have a Tier IV account, when you click on any list-type (checkbox, select, radio button) field on your survey canvas (on the left side of the workspace) to open the field editor, you'll see the custom filter checkbox below the option list (at #2 in the image below).
Facts about the custom survey filter feature
- You can only use one question field as a custom filter.
- Select a field where it's most likely that people who have selected the same response have a greater likelihood of knowing one another than people who didn't. As in #1 in the image below.
- When the custom filter checkbox for a specific question is checked off, the responses to that question will become a filter on the connections page of the member view. When an option is selected (from the list under #3 above), everyone who selected that option will show in the member list, and everyone who didn't select it will be removed from the list.
- The member can select multiple options.
- The member can combine the segment filter with the custom survey filter to further narrow the list.
- The numbers listed to the right of the question options indicate how many people in the network have chosen that option.
- Don't forget to save the whole page (upper right green 'save' button) after closing the field editor pop-up!
To be notified of our online events.
Tier Differences in The Survey Builder
The Survey Editor will be slightly different, depending on which Tier you've subscribed to: Read more about the thinking that went into the different Tier accounts Read more about the sumApp features in each Tier Tier I Tier I doesn't include the ...
Changing Survey Questions and Options
sumApp was designed to enable you to test, reflect, learn, adapt and iterate throughout your project's life. To that end, the survey questions and options can be changed at any point. You don't even need to close the project when changing (though it ...
Impact on Survey When Loading Pre-Existing Data | Tiers III & IV
Tiers III & IV enable you to incorporate data about your members that you've previously acquired into sumApp. What Is ‘Pre-Existing’ Data? Pre-existing data is information about your members that you’ve already gathered from other sources. For ...
Importing Connections from Another Project | Tier IV
Many of our customers work with different networks that have overlapping members. It is usually the case that each network will be managed in a separate sumApp project, be shown in it's own Kumu map and have different kinds of questions. But in a ...
Survey Field Types
Types of fields available in the survey 1) Text input. Open ended short text field 2) Text area. More text 3) Checkbox options. You can use as many checkbox options as you need. Members can select more than one option, but you can set a limit in the ...