Just as with most survey tools - sumApp has two layers of users who engage with two different levels of the interface - Administrator/Customer and Members.
The Customer or sumApp Administrator
The Customer accesses the Admin area of the program, setting up the survey and other aspects of the interface. This person is the account holder. Each account has a single log-in, so if more than one person is going to work in the sumApp back-end, they'll have to share log-in info. Accounts can be moved from one account to another. Submit a ticket stating the name of the account the project is currently in (the 'sending' project), the project name, and the name of the account to move the project to (the 'receiving project' . The receiving project must be the same tier as the sending project or higher.
As the administrator, if you want to see and interact with the member view (which you should do before launching your survey to a broader population), you need to have at least two members loaded into the member list so you can click a member link to interact with the member view.
If there are no members, there is no member view. Input a couple members to access the front end.
The Members access the Member Views of the program and respond to the survey. There is no cost to members to participate and members don't have to have a sumApp account of their own. Members are generally either individuals or discrete groups of individuals (such as teams, organizations, schools, programs). For the sake of simplicity, we usually refer to members as individuals, but we also mean organizations or other types of groups.
Important things to note about the member's interface:
- If you set up a test with temporary members who aren't part of the network, you can delete them whenever you want.
- You can continue to add more members as needed. sumApp limits the member total at 1,500. Aside from that limit, you decide when to add people.
- Each member is assigned a URL or 'link'.
- Each member's link is unique to that person and should never be shared with anyone else.
- Each link remains in place for each person as long as the project is kept active and so long as you never delete the person from the member list.
- Members can return to their link at any time to update the information about themselves or about their relationships with others in the network.