Settings for all Tiers
The aspects of the Member Views (outside of the survey and the connection options) that can be edited are managed in Setup > Settings:
Features of the settings page are:
1) Indicates you're in the 'Setup' phase of sumApp.
2) Shows you're on the 'Define Settings' page.
3) Network name - shows at top of all member view pages, in 'network_name' tags, and on your project list. Originally defined when creating the project, it can be changed here. Each project name must be unique.
4) Tiers II, III & IV include the survey. It can be toggled off and on, depending on your context. Checking the checkbox will show the survey in the member view, unchecking it will hide it from the member view.
5) The 'Hello Text' shows at the top of the member view bio page and connections page - you edit to suit your situation and can use tags to personalize the page.
6) List of tags available in the hello text
7) Welcome text - shows in body of the member view bio page. Use it to invite, orient and direct your members in the use and purpose of sumApp and your mapping project.
8) Data usage text - shows right under the welcome text on the member view bio page. Use this to be explicit about how member's data will be used.
9) Completion message - shows when members click on 'Finish' at the bottom of the member view connections page. Use it to thank members and suggest/link to next steps if appropriate.
10) When checked, shows the map page option in the member view. Use this once you have at least a prototype map started in Kumu to embed the prototype into sumApp. Helps members understand why you're collecting this data from them, enables them to start to engage with the map and to offer feedback into the map design.
11) Insert the map embed code from Kumu here so that map shows up in the map tab. How to add the embed.
12) Cancel changes made above.
13) Save changes made above.
14) Archive or delete this project. Requires account password.
Tier IV was originally created because we needed to be able to change the member view language in places to accommodate projects that looked at connections between organizations as opposed to individuals. The settings page reflects that additional needed flexibility.
You'll see these additional fields in your settings page if you have a Tier IV account.
Tier IV Settings:
1) Element type - this doesn't show anywhere in the sumApp interface, but it is exported with your dataset, so that if you're merging data-sets you can specify what kinds of elements sumApp is generating. Can be whatever makes sense, such as 'organization', 'team', 'project' - What kind of entity are you surveying, if not persons?
2) Bio nav title - if you're surveying organizations, 'bio' doesn't make a lot of sense. You can change it to something like 'Profile' - shows on member view navigation bar.
3) Bio upload button text. Can change the button text on the member view bio page to something more appropriate for the entity you are surveying - such as 'logo'.
4) Bio about help text. Shows underneath the bio field on the member view bio page. Can be edited to suit your type of entity.
5) Bio about placeholder. The text in the member view bio page bio field can be edited to suit your type of entity.
6) Bio not available. This text shows up in the member tiles on the member view connections page when a member has not yet input anything into their bio field. Can be edited to suit the entity type you're dealing with.
7) Connections page title. Shows just above the sorting buttons on the member view connections page. Can be edited to suit the type of entity you are dealing with.
8) Connections modal title. Shows in the popped-open member tile, below the image and bio, above the connection questions. Can be edited to suit the type of entity you are dealing with.